The Commercial Entertainment Capital Grant Scheme, which has provided much needed funding for private sector performance venues, will reopen for applications on Tuesday, 1 March 2022.
The main features of the scheme are:
- Grants will be paid to successful applicants as a contribution to the capital costs associated with re-opening after closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- €5 million in capital funding is available to support commercial businesses operating from a premises in the arts, music and entertainment sector.
- Sole traders, partnerships or incorporated entities that operate in the arts and culture sectors with turnover of €35,000 and over in 2019 will be able to apply.
- Support will be offered by way of a payment to the value of 5% of the VAT-exclusive turnover of the arts and culture activity of the business for 2019, up to a maximum award of €25,000.
- The scheme will reopen for applications at 1pm on 1 March 2022.
As in 2021, the scheme will provide funding to facilitate capital works that assist organisations in reopening and continuing to operate safely for staff, customers and audiences.
Qualifying capital works include: installation or modification of ventilation systems; modification works to improve ventilation; modification to premises to improve the safety of staff and customers; installation of outdoor performance and audience facilities; weather protection for outdoor facilities; installation of facilities/structures that assist in crowd management or stewarding; security and health and safety equipment in accordance with the Work Safely Protocol; staging/streaming equipment.
Recipients of grants under the scheme in 2021 may apply under this scheme for different capital costs.
This scheme, with an allocation of €5 million in 2022, is part of the €50 million support package Minister Catherine Martin has made available for the Live Performance sector this year.
Minister Catherine Martin said, “I am pleased that this scheme is reopening for applications on Tuesday 1 March. As part of the €50 million support package for the Live Performance sector, this scheme will provide €5 million in grants for capital projects that respond to the challenges associated with COVID-19. Funding will be offered for works that support the recovery of the creative, cultural, entertainment and events sector.”
“The Commercial Entertainment Capital Grant Scheme is a targeted support for commercial businesses operating from a premises in the music, entertainment, live performance, drama and commercial classes in the arts sector and will be paid to successful applicants as a contribution to the capital costs associated with reopening after closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes, but is not limited to, cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, venues, rehearsal spaces and dance schools.”
Guidelines for CECGS 2022 are available online here: gov.ie/CECGS2022