Minister for Trade Promotion, Robert Troy, will commence a 4-day trade mission to Germany, France and the Netherlands, jointly organised by the Enterprise Ireland and the IDA. The 4-day trade mission, visiting Frankfurt, Paris, the Hague and Amsterdam will have a strong focus on the technology industry, both presenting FDI opportunities, and promoting Irish innovation and collaboration between Irish companies and companies in Germany, France and the Netherlands.
33 Enterprise Ireland client companies will participate in the mission representing counties Dublin, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Kilkenny, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly and Wicklow.
The Eurozone is a cornerstone of Enterprise Ireland’s strategy to accelerate export growth and market diversification of Irish enterprise and to deliver a major expansion of exporting companies. With exports of €5.85 billion in 2020, the Eurozone now accounts for 23% of Enterprise Ireland client exports. In the past 18 months alone, 103 Enterprise Ireland client companies have established new presences in Germany, France and the Netherlands to take advantage of the significant business opportunities in Europe.
Coinciding with the first day of the trade mission to Frankfurt, a number of Irish companies announced new contracts and presences in Germany.
- Irish core cellular network software company, Druid Software announce partnership with German company Siticom on a joint 5G mobile technology project at the Technical University of Deggendorf
- Irish micromobility company ZEUS Scooters GmbH mark their expansion in Germany, now in over 30 cities across Germany
- Luxury Irish home fragrance brand Max Benjamin expands their retail footprint in DACH region, with announcement of exclusive partnership with P&P Accessories GmbH for Germany and Austria
- Irish hotel software solutions provider P3 Hotel Software announces its expansion in the German market, following investment by Business Venture Partners (BVP) and Enterprise Ireland
- Irish technology unicorn Fenergo announces the establishment of a new market presence in Frankfurt, bringing world-class Client Lifecycle Management software solutions for investment, corporate and private banks to Germany
Leading the trade mission, Minister for Trade Promotion, Robert Troy, said, “I am delighted to lead this trade mission to Europe to support the acceleration of Irish exports to the region and support FDI growth. Continually strengthening the business ties between Ireland and our European neighbours is incredibly important. Across the 4 days, the trade mission will support Irish SMEs to strengthen opportunities across the region, while encouraging investors to seek out Ireland as a location for further FDI.”
Leading the trade mission for Enterprise Ireland, Tom Cusack, Head of Global Markets, Enterprise Ireland, said, “with exports of €5.85 billion to the Eurozone, Enterprise Ireland client companies are accelerating their business growth in Europe and reaping the benefits of the single market. However, there is much untapped opportunities for Irish companies. This trade mission and our initiatives such as Enter the Eurozone programme are focused on supporting Irish exporters to enter and scale in Europe. The new contracts, partnerships and new presences announced today are representative of the continued strong business opportunities that Europe represents for Irish companies.”
Mary Buckley, Executive Director, IDA Ireland said, “this trade mission is a welcome opportunity to meet our corporate clients with Minister Troy and our sister agency Enterprise Ireland. Competition for foreign direct investment has never been as intense and trade missions like this help IDA Ireland to increase awareness of Ireland’s offering as an attractive place to invest. This mission to France, Germany and the Netherlands and is also a welcome opportunity to deepen relationships with the parent companies of our clients.”