Building on the success of last year, this years’s #LoveDonegal day will take place on Wednesday the 16th September to once again tell as many people as possible around the world about our amazing county and it would be great if you could take part on the day and help spread the word and encourage others to take part.
Taking part is easy and all you have to do is include hashtag #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú in your tweets or posts on Wednesday 16th September and it would be great if you could include a few tweets or posts that highlight what we love about Donegal, special places, people and things to do here. You can also post to Instagram using these hashtags.
Tweets/posts can include:
- visiting or travelling around Donegal,
- the people of Donegal,
- the landscape, coastline or islands of Donegal… .
- music, arts, sport, marine, business, culture & food
- the Gaeltacht and the Irish language
Why #LoveDonegal day is so important
As part of Donegal Connect, we want to extend our links with those who have Donegal roots or connections around the world (our Diaspora), and to promote the county to the widest possible global audience. Donegal Connect works to strengthen our links with the Donegal Diaspora to benefit both them and the county. We want more people to visit, take jobs here, invest in the county, start business here, relocate or retire here, to grow our local economy.
You can take part by:
- Tweeting or posting from your personal account using #LoveDonegal or #DúnnanGallAbú
- Tweeting or posting from your work, club or group accounts
- Liking and sharing/retweeting other #LoveDonegal #DúnnanGallAbú posts
- Asking your friends & family at home and abroad to join in
Subscribe to Council Journal
You can also find us on Facebook