The Government announced an additional €300m in funding to further support enterprises as the economy reopens and resumes activity. This will be provided to businesses through the enhanced Restart Plus Grant. The application process is now open on Cork City Council’s website, www.corkcity.ie.
The maximum grant available will rise to €25,000 (up from €10,000) and the minimum payment will be €4,000 (up from €2,000). Firms that accessed the Restart Grant will be eligible for a top-up payment to a total combined value of the revised minimum and maximum grant levels.
The criteria for accessing the scheme will include businesses that:
- Have an existing rate account with Cork City Council;
- Have 250 employees or fewer;
- Turnover of less than €100,000 per employee up to a maximum of €25 million;
- Commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed;
- Intend to retain employees that are on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme; and
- Reduced turnover by 25% as a result of COVID-19.
Under the revised Restart Grant, support will also be provided for enterprises that could not access the original grant scheme. Non-rated B&Bs and rateable sports businesses will be eligible for a grant payment of €4,000.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Subscribe to Council Journal
You can also find Council Journal on Facebook