Grant aid under the Local Improvement Scheme is subject to the availability of funding from the Department of Rural and Community Development. Applications are invited from residents/users of private roads (non-public roads) who wish to participate in a scheme. Roscommon County Council proposes to compile a prioritised list of Local Improvement Schemes which it is hoped will commence in 2022, subject to the availability of funding. Roscommon County Council’s grant aid for 2022 has not yet been announced.
- The scheme is subject to strict criteria and conditions as set down by the Department of Rural and Community Development
- The guidelines specify the local contribution from the landowners/local residents of between 10% and 15% of the overall cost must be paid before work commences
Eligible road projects are as follows:
- Road projects which provide access to parcels of land of which two or more are owned or occupied by different persons engaged in separate agricultural activities; or
- Road projects which provide access for harvesting purposes (including turf or seaweed) for two or more persons; or
- Road projects which provide access to at least one parcel of land owned or occupied by a person engaged in agricultural activities and which separately provide access for harvesting purposes (including turf or seaweed) for at least one other person
- In addition, works can be carried out on Amenity roads such as non-public roads leading to important community amenities such as graveyards or other tourist/heritage sites
The online application form must be completed via My Online Services at: https://roscommon-self.achieveservice.com. Please register, using your own email address, for My Online Services before you begin. You can start the process by clicking on the following link: Local Improvement Scheme 2022 Application Form. Incomplete online applications or late online applications will not be considered.
Applications may be made via My Online Services from 14th December 2021. The closing date for receipt of completed online applications is 5pm on Thursday 3rd February 2022. Any queries relating to the application process or eligibility for the scheme should be emailed to email@example.com
Source: Roscommon County Council