Everyone is invited to celebrate this May Bank Holiday weekend as the streets of Limerick come alive for Riverfest Limerick 2023! Riverfest is your one stop festival for live music, good food, thrilling performances and all around good craic!
The festival from April 28 to May 1 offers a huge choice of events and activities. Enjoy a family day out or a night out on the town. This is the 19th year of the festival which showcases everything that is great about Limerick. In 2022, the festival attracted 120,000 people into the city.
Festivals and Events Officer at Limerick City and County Council, Eugene Crimmins said, “the city is abuzz with excitement leading up to Riverfest Limerick 2023 with something for everyone. A spectacular fire show will light up Bedford Row on Friday night. Saturday will be alive with perennial crowd favourites The ‘Riverfest Village’ and ‘BBQ on the boardwalk’. Highlights this year include ‘Riverfest Flyboarding’ a water-based stunt show to amaze, ‘Riverfest Freedrop’ for the thrill seekers amongst us and family favourite the Irish Naval Vessel tour is a must see. This year the river Shannon will be awash with water based events from ‘Riverfest swim’ to Dragonboat racing, kayaking displays and much, much more. For the younger family members don’t miss the ‘Riverfest Scavenger Hunt’ and the Slime lab the ultimate hands-on lab for gooey, oozy slime & curious minds.”
- Riverfest Spectacular Fireworks Display – Limerick’s skyline will transform into a fantastic fusion of colour, during the spectacular fireworks extravaganza to guarantee a fitting finale to Sunday’s festivities.
- Panoramic Wheel – Soar above the city and take in the 360 degree views of lovely Limerick!
- Riverfest on the Shannon – featuring stand up paddle boarding, kayaking tours, dragon boat racing, the Eco Showboat and even the chance to jump aboard an Irish Naval Vessel!
- Riverfestival Village – Arthur’s Quay Park will be a hive of activity throughout the weekend with street performers, food, crafts, live music and more!
- Riverfest Freedrop – Channel your inner daredevil and experience the ultimate land-based free-fall, landing from the tower onto a giant air bag! *There are two freefall platforms: 3m (min. age 6) and 6m (min. age 8), no min. height requirement.
- BBQ on the Boardwalk, Ireland’s largest BBQ cook-off is back with some sizzling treats on Sat April 29, 12pm – 3pm.
- Take a free tour of one of Ireland’s Navy Vessels and see what it’s like to be on board one of the ships that patrols the country’s shores.
- Regeneron Great Limerick Run – come for the run and stay for the fun during Riverfest weekend!
- Chill out Zone and Sensory Room – A space to relax and escape the city noise for children and adults with autism. The space includes a sensory room and play area. In partnership with ASD Ireland.
Many Riverfest Limerick activities are free to enjoy, making it even easier to keep you and your family entertained.
Source: Limerick City & County Council